Welcome to Now GK
Q. Which of the following day was celebrated on 1st October 2021?
(a). international coffee day
(b). international elderly day
(c). world vegetarian day
(d. All of the above
Answer: (a). international coffee day
• International Coffee Day – 1 October
• Nepal (since 2005) the first country to celebrate this day since 2015, by the International Coffee Organization ICO
• International Day of Older Persons – 1 October
Objective To raise awareness of issues affecting the elderly, such as aging and elder abuse, and to appreciate the contributions made by older people to society.
Theme- Digital Equity for All Ages
World Vegetarian Day 1 October
• The entire week between 1-7 October is celebrated as International Vegetarian Week IVW.
Q.2 When did China announce to send a manned crew to the Moon?
Answer: (b) 2028
• China will launch a human crew rocket mission to the Moon by 2028.
• Announcement China Aerospace Science and Technology
• China will launch a crewed spacecraft by 2028.
Note: – China in December 2020 for the samples lane of the surface of the moon. The “Chang E-5” mission was launched.
Q.3 Who has become the new ‘vice chief’ of the Indian Air Force?
(A). Vivek Ram Choudhary
(C). R K S Bhadauria
(B). Sandeep Singh
(D). Virendra Pathania
Answer: (B) Sandeep Singh
• Air Marshal Sandeep Singh has become the new Deputy Chief of the Indian Air Force.
• Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Choudhary
– Top 5 army chief names –
• Chief of the Air Force – Vivek Ram Choudhary
• Chief of the Army Staff General Manoj Mukund Naravane
• Chief of the Navy Admiral Karambir Singh
• Indian Coast Guard chief Krishnaswamy Natarajan
• Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) – Vipin Rawat
Q.4.Who has become the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of ‘Securities Depositories Limited (NSDL)’?
A. GV Nageswara Rao
B. Padmaja Chandru
C. Arpita Khanna
D. Divisha Bhattacharya
Answer: (B) Padmaja Chandru
• NSDL-National Securities Depositories NSDL (Securities Depositories Limited)
• Padmaja Chandra has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ‘National Securities Depositories Limited’ (NSDL).
• Padmaja Chandra will replace GV Nageswara Rao.
Q.5 When was the International Day of Older Persons celebrated recently?
a. 1 Oct
b. 31 Sep
c. 30 Sep
d. 2 Oct
Answer: (a) 1st October
Theme – Digital Equity for all ages
Q.6 Recently Rupinder Pal Singh issued the announcement of retirement, with whom is he related?
a. table tennis
b. high jump
Answer: d. Hockey
Q.7 Recently became the first Indian woman to score a Test century in pink ball cricket?
a. Mithali Raj
b. Shefali Raj
c. Jhulan Goswami
Answer: (d) Smriti Mandhana
Q.8 Who is the author of the book “My Life in Full: Work, Family, and Our Future”?
(a) Indra Nooyi
(b) Suman Nui
(c) Shekhar Gupta
(d) Rajnish Kumar
Answer: (a) Indra Nooyi
Q.9 Vayo Naman program was organized by which ministry?
(a) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
(b) Ministry of Family Welfare
(c) Ministry of Civil Aviation
(d) Ministry of Environment
Answer: (a) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
• Vayu Naman program was organized by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
• This event will be organized in New Delhi on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons (October 1) in honor of senior citizens.
• Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu was the chief guest of the program.
• He also dedicated the help line 14567 for the elderly to the nation.
Imp Fact- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dr. Virendra Kumar
Q.10 Recently in which country the former President was sentenced to one year
d. none of these
Answer: (b). France
Comment your answer
When has International Coffee Day been celebrated recently?
a. 30 september
b. 29 september
c. 01 October
d. none of these